For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope Romans 15:4
Curriculum Intent Statement
The Humanities syllabus and course content is ambitious in the breadth and detail of knowledge. Students will be taught to look at evidence from a range of different viewpoints and a range of skills such as usefulness, accuracy, purpose and reliability will provide pupils with an analytical eye to form independent lines of enquiry and to think critically. Pupils will be taught in depth about the physical and natural world, about human processes and choices that affect the world and how decisions can massively impact on the world and community both positively and negatively. Pupils will be taught morals and ethics through course content to enable pupils to affectively engage with the wider world in a constructive and informed manner.
- Yr7-9 KS3 History Club - Pupils to choose a topic to create a project on in a creative way
- Yr7-9 KS3 Geography Club - Pupils to choose a topic to create a project on in a creative way
- KS3-4 Homework Club - Pupils have the opportunity to complete/catch-up on homework
- Yr11 GCSE Booster sessions - Opportunity to revisit key content and focus on examination skills
- KS3 - Geography and History pupil of the month
- Geography GCSE Fieldwork – Salford Quays and Formby Beach
- Y8-9 - MMU Geography Sustainability trail
- Y10 - Assisting during intake and open evenings through helping to set up displays and run activities across History and Geography
- KS3 Humanities Ambassadors - Pupils to lead on promoting Humanities subjects across the school and recruiting for clubs and events
The attachments below will present you with the long term curriculum plan and the long term sequencing explanations for the Humanities department at St Anne's R.C Voluntary Academy. Some adjustments may have been made to these plans due to COVID-19. Please contact Mr J. Thewlis, Head of Humanities, for further information.