‘I have come that you may have life and have it to the full’ John 10:10
Curriculum Intent Statement
In the life of faith at St Anne’s, the Religious Education curriculum plays a central and vital part. At the heart of Catholic Religious Education lies the Christian vision of the human person. This vision is expressed and explored in Religious Education. Therefore, the beliefs and values studied in Religious Education inspire and draw together every aspect of the life at St Anne’s. Fundamentally, in the words of Jesus, it is our hope that our pupils live and experience, life and have it to the full.
At St Anne’s we believe all pupils have the right to receive an overall education which will enable them, in the light of the faith of the Church, to engage with the deepest questions of life. As we work and study together we unpack and develop our SACRED values together:
Religious Education at St Anne’s is the comprehensive and systematic study of the mystery of God, of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, the teachings of his Church, the central beliefs that Catholics hold, the basis for them and the relationship between faith and life and the study of other major world religions and belief systems; in a manner which encourages investigation and reflection by the pupils, develops the appropriate skills and attitudes, and promotes free, informed and full response to God’s call in everyday life.
We seek to prepare religiously literate young people who have the knowledge, understanding and skills to think spiritually, ethically and theologically, and who are aware of the demands of religious commitment in everyday life.
- After school/lunchtime GCSE success sessions
- Craft club
- BAME Society
- Lunchtime Karaoke and Bingo
- Origami Club
- Morning Prayer and before School social justice projects
- Reflections and meditation sessions in the Chapel
- Students Chaplains (GIFT TEAM)
- Friday’s Form Time in the Chapel
- Liturgies, prayer services and School Masses.
- Advent and Lent charity and fundraising projects
- Year 7 Retreats
- Assemblies during the liturgical seasons.
- Participation on events promoted by Salford Diocese